Sunday, March 15, 2009

Music: Lily Allen, "The Fear"

Its been too long on this.

First off its the Ides of March, must tell Caeser to not leave the bodyguard at home.

I have made a cyanotype that I'm actually proud of. Mr. Moore like it as well, and he's hard to please.


I'm trying to understand love, desire, and obsessions. There are a few people who I do love in various ways, and they all matter. I want to tell them how I feel, but I worry at saying the wrong thing or doing the wrong thing and ruining things as usual. I've lost at least two people in the last year who I wanted as friends, and well... I seem to ruin things. I don't want to, I want to be badass, but I fumble and stumble and drop. And they drop me.

Today, I answered 100 English multiple-choice questions, 50 in language aquisition and usage, 50 in Literary analysis. That was followed by 4 short essays: how to foster unity in a classroom, revising an opening paragraph that suffers from diarrhea of the mouth, verbal and physical strategies for a storyteller to improve his performance, and something I can't remember. And then two essays: Compare and contrast Shakespeare's Sonnet 19 (gay love nonetheless!) with Fences by Wilson and an critique the persuasiveness of an essay by William S. Buckley jr called "Why don't we complain?" Oh yeah, took me 4.5 hours.

And tonight at the bar, I did not get to go home with who I wanted to, although my friend did. Curses to me again.